This is a low-carb side dish that my wife really loves. Fry in olive oil for better health.
- 1 pound frozen zucchini slices, thawed and chopped well
- 1 tsp salt
- ground black pepper
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 Cup flour (or Atkins thickener)
- olive oil for frying
- Thaw the zucchini and chop. Mix in salt. Drain excess water away in colander. I bang the colander into the sink to force out as much water as possible, mix and bang some more.
- Put in small bowl. Add pepper, beaten egg, and chopped onion. Mix. Add flour/thickener and mix.
- Heat enough oil in pan to get 1/4 inch deep or so. Add 2 tsp worth of mixture per fritter and cook for about 2 minutes. Keep fritters about 1/2 inch apart. Turn once and press down to get other side flat.
- Remove from oil to plate covered with paper towels.