This is the ultimate, pancreas-destroying, crazy-good fudge pie. Serve slices that are 1/2 the regular size.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 4 hours
Serves: 10-12 thinner slices
- 2.5 Cups small pretzel twists
- 1/4 C packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 C melted butter
- 3/4 C butter, cut into pieces
- 3/4 C semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 C packed brown sugar
- 2/3 C granulated sugar
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 3 T whipping cream
- 4.5 tsp all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp vanilla
- whipped topping and caramel for topping
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. In food processor, add 2 C pretzels and 1/4 C brown sugar. Process until finely chopped. Stir in melted butter. Press this as a crust into bottom of 9-inch glass pie dish. To compact the crumbs, you may use a smooth-bottomed measuring cup at first, and finish with another pie dish that’s just like the one you intend to bake — just place it over the crust and press. Then twist just a bit and lift off cleanly. Wax paper or baking parchment between will keep the crust from sticking to the upper dish for certain.
- In medium bowl, microwave 3/4 C butter and chocolate chips on high for 1-2 minutes, stirring once until smooth. Stir in 3/4 C brown sugar and the granulated sugar. Stir in eggs. Stir in the cream, flour and vanilla. Pour into pie crust.
- Bake 50 minutes or until center is set. Cool about 3 hours.
- Crush/chop the remaining 1/2 C pretzels coarsely. Top each slice with whipped cream topping, caramel sauce, and a few crumbled pretzels.
- Take an insulin shot and enjoy.